We are looking for a young, self-motivated and enthusiastic rugby coach to gain experience as part of our team. The ideal intern will have the desire and willingness to not only improve themselves as a rugby coach but also as a person.
The role would see the intern working as part of a small team based at one of our schools, taking on roles and responsibilities within the coaching team, enabling them to run a high-class rugby programme. This person should also be motivated to help develop and mentor the players within the program.
This opportunity would need a commitment of two days a week from August 24th 2020 through to 18th December 2020, always on Wednesday’s with the second day being determined by the timetabling at each school.
Subject to a review in December, there will be an opportunity to continue the role until the Easter holidays 2021.
What we offer
Whilst this is an unpaid internship, we will be fully committed to helping you improve as a rugby coach and leave us with the skills to lead a team.
Through mentoring, we will focus on your rugby coaching. Part of this will include filming and reviewing your sessions, which will allow a more in depth level of feedback and a greater opportunity for your coaching to improve.
At the start of the year, we will also help you put together an individual development plan, so that we all have a clear understanding of your aims and ambitions. This will enable us to help you maximise your time with us. You will be given an internal mentor, outside of your school base, to support, guide and encourage your growth and assist in organising relevant CPD’s both within our company and outside.
Most importantly, we would offer you a positive, enjoyable working environment, where you would feel like a valued member of the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver coaching sessions to one specific lower school rugby team in terms 1 and 2.
- Help/run/support/deliver designated age group in their lower school matches
- Assist in the delivery of athletic development sessions to the Mad Dog Rugby Academy players – training given
- Referee lower school and inter Mad Dog Rugby matches, when required
- Record the Mad Dog Rugby matches and assist with the post-match video analysis
- Be responsible for the match day kit, including: Match shirts, first aid kit, water bottles and match balls.
- Be responsible for setting up and packing away training kit, making sure that it is all in good condition
- Take part and present within our coach the coaches’ sessions
Training will be given for all technology used to support our programme.
Applicants need to be 18 years +
We have potential opportunities at all three of our current schools, based in Royal Wootton Bassett, Newbury and Melksham.
If you are interested in applying for the intern role, please send an email to email@example.com expressing the reasons why you feel you would be good for the role and what your aspirations are in the future, please also state which programme you feel you would be able to attend.